Please excuse my tardiness. It’s my first month blogging, and it didn’t occur to me right away to remind everyone that the Darkmoon Faire is in town this week. This month the faire ends on Saturday, June 9th at 11:59 pm server time, and does not return again until Sunday July 1st at 12:00 am server time.
Besides being a good change of pace at this time when many players are experiencing an end of the expansion lack of enthusiasm, the faire is of special interest to anyone who has characters with professions below max level. Faire vendors offer a special quest for each profession that you can complete once per month to receive prize tickets, tokens, gold/XP, reputation, and +5 skill points in the related profession.
- You need a minimum profession skill of 75 to obtain these quests. So do that!
- Make sure you have trained sufficiently to receive the +5 skill. For example, if you are 149/150 in cooking, visit the cooking trainer to raise your cap to 225 before you do the quest.
- Some of the quests require materials that you can’t obtain on Darkmoon Island. Here’s a list of what to take with you if you have these professions. (The other quests have no outside material requirements)
- Make sure you take the items you need to perform your professions if you don’t normally have them in your bags. For example, grab that fishing pole! (I’m not sure if you need the items for all other professions, but better safe than sorry.)
- Just like a daily quest, when you complete these quests you should make sure to remember to turn them in before the faire ends. If you are holding a completed quest when the faire ends you lose a chance to complete it for the month. You’ll be able to turn it when the faire comes back, but that will count as your completion for next month.
Profession quests (primary)
- Alchemy — A Fizzy Fusion
- Blacksmithing — Baby Needs Two Pair of Shoes
- Engineering — Talkin’ Tonks
- Enchanting — Putting Trash to Good Use
- Herbalism — Herbs for Healing
- Inscription — Writing the Future
- Jewelcrafting — Keeping the Faire Sparkling
- Leatherworking — Eyes on the Prizes
- Mining — Rearm, Reuse, Recycle
- Skinning — Tan My Hide
- Tailoring — Banners, Banners Everywhere
Profession quests (secondary)
- Archeology — Fun for the Little Ones
- Fishing — Spoilin’ for Salty Sea Dogs
- Cooking — Putting the Crunch in the Frog
- First Aid — Putting the Carnies Back Together Again