July’s topic for Cold’s Gold Blogging Carnival is:
“What Do You Recommend Players Do During The Current WoW Lull To Benefit Gold Making In The Future?”
Back in May I wrote about this very topic in the post “Everyone’s Gone! What Should I Do?“ Looking back on my suggestions and considering how things have gone for me since then, I’d emphasize even more strongly what a great time this is to learn and experiment. Learn how to do new things now so you can profit from them should an opportunity present itself in the future. For example:
- Max out professions and hunt for new recipes
- Learn how to use a new addon, or learn all the advanced features of your existing addons
- Search the internet for new gold making ideas and experiment — actually try them
- Adjust your goals, write them down, and optimize your business processes accordingly.
- Play the MoP Beta and read about upcoming gold making changes in some of the great guides being written. (Check back, I try to link the good/new ones as they are posted)
There is one caution here — this is not a good time to gather data about market behavior and make final decisions about what markets to play in the future. Everything will change around the expansion, not the least being that market volumes will fluctuate widely. Be ready to be as flexible as possible by increasing your gold earning skills now, while you have the time.