The Darkmoon Faire runs once a month, starting at 00:01 am server time on the 1st Sunday of the month and ending at 11:59 pm server time the following Saturday.
Faire vendors offer a special quest for each profession that you can complete once per month to receive prize tickets, tokens, gold/XP, reputation, and +5 skill points in the related profession.
Profession quests (primary)
- Alchemy — A Fizzy Fusion
- Blacksmithing — Baby Needs Two Pair of Shoes
- Engineering — Talkin’ Tonks
- Enchanting — Putting Trash to Good Use
- Herbalism — Herbs for Healing
- Inscription — Writing the Future
- Jewelcrafting — Keeping the Faire Sparkling
- Leatherworking — Eyes on the Prizes
- Mining — Rearm, Reuse, Recycle
- Skinning — Tan My Hide
- Tailoring — Banners, Banners Everywhere
Profession quests (secondary)
- Archeology — Fun for the Little Ones
- Fishing — Spoilin’ for Salty Sea Dogs
- Cooking — Putting the Crunch in the Frog
- First Aid — Putting the Carnies Back Together Again
- You need a minimum profession skill of 75 to obtain these quests.
- Make sure you have trained sufficiently to receive the +5 skill. For example, if you are 149/150 in cooking, visit the cooking trainer to raise your cap to 225 before you do the quest.
- Some of the quests require materials that you can’t obtain on Darkmoon Island. Here’s a list of what to take with you if you have these professions. (The other quests have no outside material requirements)
- Make sure you take the items you need to perform your professions if you don’t normally have them in your bags. For example, grab that fishing pole! (I’m not sure if you need the items for all other professions, but better safe than sorry.)
- Just like a daily quest, when you complete these quests you should make sure to remember to turn them in before the faire ends. If you are holding a completed quest when the faire ends you lose a chance to complete it for the month. You’ll be able to turn it when the faire comes back, but that will count as your completion for next month.